Clash Royale updates: Season 2 kicks off with a new arena and balance changes
Welcome to our Clash Royale update hub! We’ll be collecting all the official balance changes and updates for Clash Royale as they’re released by the Finnish giant Supercell.
If you’re a hardcore Clasher, be sure to bookmark this page to stay up-to-date on the latest buffs, nerfs, new game modes, and new cards for Clash Royale. Below you’ll find the most recent update, followed by a list of new cards from this season. Previous Clash Royale updates can be found at the end of the page.
Cycle your way through some of our other Clash Royale content:
- Everything you need to know about the Clash Royale League
- Five good Clash Royale decks showcased at the World Finals
- Five of the best Clash Royale decks straight from the pros
Clash Royale update: The latest
Clash Royale Season 2 Update Overview
Release date: August 5, 2019.
Season 2 is here in the latest Clash Royale update, and with it a plethora of rewards in the Season 2 Pass Royale. This season is themed “Shipwrecked” and a sandy new arena has been added to celebrate. It replaces the Legendary Arena for players with 400 trophies and above.
This update also features a number of balance changes, including nerfs to the Lumberjack, Pekka, and Barbarian Barrel. The Fisherman received a small buff to his HP and anchor range, which could boost use rates of the newest Clash Royale card.
Clash Royale Season 2 Update balance changes
- Damage +16%.
- Hit Speed 1.0sec -> 1.1sec.
- Anchor Range Increased 6.5 -> 7.
- Hitpoints +10% (800 -> 881).
- Hitpoints -9.5%.
- Melee Range increased (Short -> Long).
- Hit Speed reduced 0.7sec -> 0.8sec.
- Damage -15%.
- Melee Range 1.9 > 1.2.
Clash Royale: New cards
One of the secrets to Clash Royale’s success is the constant updates, changes, and new cards. A single new card can open up tons of great deck possibilities, and add some longevity to the title released way back in 2016. The most recently added cards and their subsequent buffs/nerfs from each Clash Royale update are listed below.
His Ranged Attack can pull enemies towards him, and pull himself to enemy buildings. He’s also mastered the ancient art of ‘Fish Slapping’.
Release date: July 1, 2019.
- 4-elixir legendary available in Hog Mountain or higher.
- His anchor pulls enemies towards him, even across lanes or the river.
- Hooked units have move and attack speed reduced by 35% for 2 seconds.
- Hitting a building with his anchor will pull Fisherman towards it.
When the Goblin Cage is destroyed, a Goblin Brawler is unleashed into the Arena! Goblin Brawler never skips leg day.
Release date: June 3, 2019.
- 4-elixir rare available in Spooky Town or higher.
- Building has low hitpoints and lasts just 15 seconds.
- When destroyed, spawns Goblin Brawler.
- Goblin Brawler is very fast and deals high damage, but with middling hitpoints.
Deals Damage per second to Troops and Crown Towers. Deals huge Building Damage! Does not affect flying units (it is an EARTHquake, after all).
Release date: April 15, 2019
- 4-elixir Rare available in Jungle Arena or higher.
- Works like Poison spell.
- Does not affect air troops.
- Deals 400% damage to buildings.
- Deals 100% damage to Princess and King Towers.
- Slows affected enemies.
A daring duo of dangerous dive bombers — nothing warms a Wall Breaker’s cold and undead heart like blowing up buildings.
Release date: February 26, 2019
- 3-elixir Epic available in Spooky Town or higher.
- Like their Clash of Clans counterpart, runs at buildings and explodes.
- Spawns two Wall Breakers, which can be split.
- Explosion does area damage, and will damage nearby troops.
- Very fast move speed but low hitpoints.
Wall Breakers buffs
- (4/4) Hit speed reduced to 1.2 seconds (down from 1.5).
- (5/6) Attack range increased to 500 (up from 250).
- (5/6) Attacks now damage nearby troops.
Clash Royale update history
Clash Royale June Balance Update Overview
Release date: June 3, 2019.
This Clash Royale update is a small one, and Supercell has stated that this will be the norm going forward. This time, the targets are E-Barbs, Arrows, Rascals, and Barbarian Barrel.
Don’t expect the E-Barb changes to slow down your overleveled Rage deck, but the Barbarian Barrel nerf will have serious consequences against overleveled Dart Goblins, Princesses, and Rascals.
Clash Royale June Balance Update patch notes
- Elite Barbarian damage increased by 18%.
- Arrows projectile speed increased by 37%.
- Elite Barbarian hit speed reduced by 13%.
- Rascal Boy hit speed reduced by 13%.
- Barbarian Barrel damage reduced by 10%.
Clan War Collection Mode changes
- All New Classic Decks.
- x2 Elixir Draft.
- Rage Mode.
Clash Royale Goblin Cage update
Release date: May 16, 2019.
Clash Royale is finally getting a new building card, and it’s a new concept for the three-year-old game. Goblin Cage is a 4-elixir building that lasts just 15 seconds, and upon death spawns yet another new troop: Goblin Brawler.
Goblin Brawler is a medium-hitpoint troop with enough damage and speed to take down attackers. Goblin Cage can be found in-game, but won’t be available until June 3. Expect another event in the coming weeks with the chance to unlock this new card early!
Clash Royale May update overview
Release date: May 6, 2019
Fans of the hard-hitting Three Musketeers can rejoice, because Supercell is partially rolling back the nerf pushed out in February’s Clash Royale update. They now cost 9 Elixir once again, but retain the small damage buff. To counteract their strength, they take significantly longer to deploy.
The rest of the balance changes are buffs, so expect to see some changes in the meta. Most notably the Dark Prince and Wall Breakers received changes that should improve their use and win rates.
Clash Royale May update patch notes
- Three Musketeers now cost 9 Elixir (down from 10).
- Wall Breakers attack range doubled to 500 (up from 250).
- Wall Breakers now damage troops upon explosion.
- No damage upon death.
- Goblin Barrel deploy time reduced to 1.1 seconds (down from 1.2 seconds).
- Princess projectile speed increased to 600 (up from 450).
- Dark Prince attack range increased to 1250 (up from 1050).
- Dark Prince splash range increased to 1250 (up from 1000).
- Bomber hitpoints increased by 28%.
- Three Musketeers deploy time increased to 3 seconds (up from 1 second).
- Three Musketeers deploy individually.
- .15 second delay between deployment (up from 0).
That’s it for our Clash Royale update hub. Be sure to bookmark this article, as we’ll update it over the next few weeks and months with the latest releases.