This week in Android: More Pixel 4 details and Samsung’s iPad Pro competitor
This week Google once again embraced the leak culture surrounding its phones by releasing new details about the upcoming Google Pixel 4. It will feature Motion Sense and Face Unlock, which we’ve seen on many phones before. But this time it’s improved dramatically with the implementation of Soli, Google’s radar motion detection system that’s been in the works since 2015.
Samsung was also in the news this week with the announcement of the Galaxy Tab S6 tablet. We were impressed during our hands-on time with the device, and the specs (and price) mean it could be a real iPad Pro competitor.
Next week is shaping up to be a big one with Samsung finally revealing the details of the Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus. Both the phones will ditch the headphone jack, so hopefully Samsung has something special up its sleeve for the latest version of its largest smartphone.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is really great (and really expensive) — The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is official, and officially expensive. Check out our hands-on photos here!
- Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL: All the rumors in one place — Google’s confirmed some info about the front of the Pixel 4 which makes us think one feature is getting the ax.
- 7 times Google was behind the curve with its Pixel phones — The Pixel series offers fast updates and great camera quality, but Google’s phones aren’t always ahead of the game.
- This is the new Android Auto — Android Auto has been completely revamped with a more modern look. Here’s everything new in the update.
- Google Pixel 3a vs Pixel 3 camera comparison — On paper, Google’s Pixel 3a camera appears the same as its flagship sibling, but are there any differences in quality?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10: All the rumors in one place — The Galaxy Note 10 series is set to be officially announced next week. Here’s everything we know so far.
- Video streaming services forgot their foe was piracy, not each other — Streaming services managed to undo the damage of piracy. Now greed may undo all that good work.
- Dongle me this: Why I’m not mad that headphone jacks are going away — Here’s why Eric isn’t mourning the loss of the headphone jack on modern phones.
- Here’s how LG and Sony can get out of their smartphone sales rut — LG and Sony have both reported disappointed smartphone results, but there are a few possible solutions.
- 10 older Android features that helped shape the OS — We’re always talking about newer features in Android, so here are ten older Android features we still use today!
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
Find out what we think of the Xiaomi Mi 9T and the Galaxy Tab S6 on this week’s edition of the podcast. Listen to the whole episode below!
Plus, check out the latest episode of our sister site’s SoundGuys podcast, where we talk about the effect music can have on your workout.
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Who wants to win an LG G8 ThinQ?
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.