HBO not working? Here’s how to fix HBO Go and HBO Now
HBO is the biggest premium cable and satellite TV network in the world. This success is largely due to its continuing success with original and acclaimed TV shows and movies, including massive hits like Game of Thrones, Veep, Silicon Valley, and more recently Westworld. Thankfully, HBO has made it easy for anyone in the U.S. to access its content with two online services, HBO Now and HBO Go. Both allow users to access the network’s huge library of movies, along with current and past TV shows.
But what if HBO Now or HBO Go are not working for you? Regardless of whether you use the HBO Go or HBO Now app, the fixes are essentially the same. Below we discuss a few possible fixes if HBO Go or HBO Now aren’t working for you.
Make sure you have typed in the correct login and password
For HBO GO users, if you have forgotten your email or password for your TV provider, you need to contact your cable or satellite TV source directly for that info.
For HBO Now users having password or username issues, you can contact the service to send you the email address details you used for the login or to reset your password. If you have subscribed to HBO Now via the Hulu or Amazon Prime Video apps and services, you will need to provide the email address and password for either Hulu or Amazon Prime.
How to fix HBO Go or HBO Now streaming problems at home
If you find HBO Now or HBO Go are not working in your home, a number of actions might fix those problems.
- If you are experiencing streaming problems at home, you might want to restart your TV, set-top box, game console or mobile handset to see if that solves the issue.
- Turn off your home router for about 60 seconds and then restart it to see if that fixes the download stream.
- You can turn off your modem for up to 30 seconds and then restart it.
- You can try to reinstall the HBO apps on your devices.
- If you are still dealing with streaming issues, it’s possible your wireless router is in a poor location, and its signals are being blocked. Try moving it to an area of the home that’s more open. You might also try directly connecting the router to your smart TV, set-top box, or game console. You will need at least 3Mbps download speed to access content on HBO Now or HBO Go.
- On very rare occasions, you might encounter an HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) error if HBO Now or HBO Go is not working and you use it on your game console or set-top box. If that’s the case, make sure all cables connecting your box to your TV are connected properly.
How to fix HBO Now or HBO Go problems on smartphones and tablets
If you find HBO Now or HBO Go are not working properly on Android and/or iOS smartphones and tablets there are a few things you can do.
- If you are on a cellular network, you might find its connection speed is not enough for a good streaming experience. In that case, connecting to a Wi-Fi signal might help. You can also turn Airplane mode on and off again, which sometimes fixes connection issues. You can also turn your mobile device off and back on, too.
- You can also fix some issues by restarting the apps, and uninstalling and reinstalling them can help, too. You can also try to clear their app caches to fix issues. If you own an Android device, go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, then select either “HBO Now” or “HBO Go.” In both menus, find the “Clear Cache” option and tap it. For iPhone and iPad, tap on the Menu button in those apps, and tap “Clear temporary files” on the Settings page.
- Finally, Make sure you have the latest app version for either HBO Now or HBO Go installed on your mobile device. It’s possible you hit a bug that’s been fixed in the most recent version of the app.
HBO Now or HBO Go might actually be down
While this is rare, it’s possible HBO Now and HBO Go are not working because they are actually just down. You might want to go to the DownDetector site to see if anyone else is having problems. It’s also possible a problem with your Internet service at home is causing the problem, in which case you will need to contact your service provider.